What better way to keep the bathroom smelling fresh, whether it’s your own or someone else’s, than with a bottle of homemade bathroom spray. No need to worry about leaving a distasteful odor when you really need to go. Make your own toilet spray using essential oils.
No toxins or harmful chemicals when you make it yourself. You can you a small spray bottle for a purse-sized product, and larger ones for home and office.
What makes this bathroom spray different than bathroom air fresheners is that you spray it directly into the toilet before you go—spritz in the bowl about five times—it’ll keep the restroom smelling good. The spray creates a film over the toilet water so the odors can’t escape and the essential oils give it a nice fragrance.
Tips before you make your own bathroom spray:
- Substitute the essential oils in these recipes for your favorites; use more or less drops than the recipe calls for, depending on your preference
- Use purified water, distilled water, or other bottled water
- For recipes that call for rubbing alcohol, you can substitute witch hazel or vodka
- Use either Pure Castile Soap or Vegetable Glycerine
- If you prefer, make toilet drops by storing your recipe in a small eyedropper bottle instead of a spray bottle. To use, shake the bottle and put a few drops into the toilet before you sit down. Great for traveling.
To make a Simple DIY Bathroom Spray, combine in a 2-ounce spray bottle:
- 10 drop of your choice of essential oils
- 1 tablespoon of witch hazel
- Top it off with water and shake to mix
- Double the recipe if you’re using a 4-ounce spray bottle.
Bathroom Spray Recipe 1
Combine and put into a spray bottle:
- 4 ounces of purified water
- 10 drops of Bergamot Essential Oil
- 15 drops of Orange Essential Oil
- 25 drops of Lemon Essential Oil
- 1 teaspoon of Vegetable Glycerine
Bathroom Spray Recipe 2
Combine and put into a 2-ounce spray bottle:
- 1 teaspoon vegetable glycerine
- 1 teaspoon rubbing alcohol
- 10 drops wintergreen essential oil
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil
After the above ingredients are in the spray bottle, add distilled water almost to the top of the bottle.
Bathroom Spray Recipe 3
Combine and put into a 4-ounce spray bottle:
- 15 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 5 drops of orange essential oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable glycerin
- 2 tablespoons store brand witch hazel 2 ounces of purified water
How to use your bathroom spray
Shake well and give five or so short sprays into the toilet before you sit down. It’ll keep your bathroom smelling fresh.