While bacteria boosts the immune system and it’s okay to touch things without fear of “catching” something, there are times we want to wash our hands and there’s no soap and water. That’s when hand sanitizers come in handy, but even products labeled organic or natural may contain some toxic ingredients.
To avoid the chemicals, you can make your own and you’ll know exactly what you’re putting on your skin. Instead of triclosan or other antibacterial agents, you can use essential oils in your DIY hand sanitizer (we recommend our Immunity Essential Oil Blend) that are not hazardous to you and your family, choosing oils with anti-bacterial properties, while adding a nice fragrance.
Here is what you need before you begin:
- Spray Bottle
- Small Jar
- Essential Oil
- Witch Hazel
- Vitamin E
- 5 drops of Immunity Essential Oil Blend (Antimicrobial & Antibacterial)
- 5 drops of Witch Hazel (Antiseptic & Antiviral)
- 5 drops of Vitamin E (Nutrient and an antioxidant; nourishes and moisturizes the skin)
- Fill jar with filtered water ( Approx 1/4 cup)
- Mix and fill into 1 oz bottle
Because we love all natural solutions, here is another easy DIY Hand Sanitizer:
Mix the following ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons of Aloe Vera Gel (it nourishes and moisturizes the skin)
- 5 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil (it is antiseptic, disinfectant, and anti-fungal agent that kills of bacteria)
- 1 teaspoon of Vitamin E
- Filtered water ( Approx 1/4 cup)
- Fill bottle & spray away!