We all experience stress from time to time. It’s important to learn to manage it—the effects can be very harmful to your body and mind.
According to the Mayo Clinic’s website, “stress that’s left unchecked can contribute to many health problems, such as high blood pressure, heart disease, obesity and diabetes.” The site listed some of the common effects of stress:
- Sleeping problems
- Muscle tension or pain
- Upset stomach
- Change in sex drive
- Chest pain
Other issues that have been linked to chronic stress include headaches, heart disease, obesity, depression, sexual dysfunction, autoimmune diseases, and dilated blood vessels. Skin rashes and other types of breakouts can occur. Some people lose their hair or their hair changes texture. Stress weakens the immune system, which can lead to a number of problems.
Anger and fear are feelings of stress that bring on similar reactions to the body. All your muscles tense, even spreading to the sympathetic nervous system, causing circulatory changes. The heart rate increases and blood vessels contract.
Taking time for yourself is important, even when your schedule is super busy—all the more reason to take time for yourself, even if it’s just to meditate for five minutes. Clear your space and diffuse essential oils that will help aid you during this exercise.
5-6 drops of your preferred oil into your diffuser will fill your room and calm your nerves perfectly. For more information on each oil, click the links below.
- Lavender Essential Oil reduces anxiety and emotional stress, improves sleep, and if you get a stress headache, lavender is beneficial in helping with that, too.
- Vitality Extracts Stress Away Essential Oil Blend helps you relax, regenerate, and reduce stress and tension.
- Vitality Extracts Calm Essential Oil Blend relaxes the body and mind, reduces anxiety and stress, and boosts the immune system. It’s calming and improves sleep.
- Vitality Extracts Inner Peace Essential Oil Blend has a calming effect that improves the immune system, and reduces anxiety and stress.
- Lemon Essential Oil reduces anxiety, boosts the immune system, and uplifts mood.
To diffuse any of these essential oils when you’re on-the-go, wear a calming diffuser bracelet. Our favorites are:
- White Howlite Lava Stone Diffuser Bracelet is a calming stone that helps your sleep, relieves stress, calms the mind when it doesn’t want to settle down, and promotes self-awareness.
- Serenity Diffuser Bracelet is also made with White Howlite stone.
- Peace Lava Stone Diffuser Bracelet is made of turquoise, a stone that promotes well-being, peace, and serenity.
If you are experiencing hair loss from stress, try the amazing blend of carrier and essential oils contained in Hair Envy: Organic Argan Oil, Avocado, Tea Tree, Jojoba, and Lavender Oil. Other ingredients include: Castor, Amla, Eucalyptus, Rosemary, Lemongrass, Juniper Berry Essential oil, Spanish Sage Essential Oil, Cedarwood Essential Oil, Thyme Essential Oil, and Geranium Essential Oil.
For best results, simply apply and massage a generous amount of Hair Envy into your scalp and leave it in for several hours before rinsing. In addition, if your hair is thinning, make sure you’re eating enough protein.
Exercise and getting enough sleep are also beneficial when it comes to reducing stress. Doing things you enjoy, such as listening to music and walking in nature, will add to your peace, serenity, and health.