Essential oils smell wonderful and that’s a good enough reason for lots of people to use them. There’s more to these oils than just aroma, though. Their therapeutic benefits are amazing, too.
The medicinal gains from essential oils come from the wide-ranging properties of the various plants. Here are some of them:
Some oils also contain powerful antioxidants. It’s no wonder aromatherapy treats so many conditions.
Digestion—Peppermint, Thyme, and Oregano
These are just a few of the ways aromatherapy can be used to help keep you well and healthy.
To incorporate essential oils into your daily life:
- Diffuse essential oils in a diffuser in your home, office, or car by adding a few drops to water in a diffuser.
- Put a few drops of essential oil on the lava stones of diffuser jewelry—Vitality Extracts has several styles of bracelets, necklaces, rings, and earrings.
- Apply topically by mixing a drop of essential oils with a few drops of carrier oil, such as jojoba, argan, almond, or coconut. See how to properly dilute oils here.
- Steam essential oils, especially when you’re using them for colds, coughs, or congestion. Breath Easy and Eucalyptus are great choices. Drape a towel over your head and the pan of hot water and breath in the oils. Use caution not to get to close if the water is extremely hot.
- Spritzing is an easy way to use essential oils anywhere. If you don’t have diffusers in every room, just add a few drops to water in a spray bottle and spritz away.
- Inhale by taking a whiff from the bottle or putting a few drops on a tissue or cotton ball. This works nicely at bedtime by putting a little lavender or Sweet Dreams on a tissue near your pillow.
- Enjoy the natural medicinal properties that each essence provides, while savoring the fragrances anywhere—home, office, and even on-the-go with diffuser jewelry.