Love your essential oils so much that you want to take them to work with you? The first thing to keep in mind is consideration for the people you work with or, if you’re in a profession such as nursing, your patients. Like perfume, some may not like your essential oils or your choice of essential oils. Go easy when diffusing in your workplace and choose oils that won’t be too strong.
Ask your co-workers if they mind, especially if you share space. When you talk to your supervisor, you might want to mention that certain essential oils promote productivity and can help employees stay focused. Once you are done with that, now comes the fun part- choosing your oils!
5 ESSENTIAL OILS TO TRY AT YOUR WORKPLACE:
- While Lavender Essential Oil is wonderful for relaxation and can help with insomnia, its calming properties can work well in a high-stress, fast-paced office. It helps reduces anxiety and emotional stress. If the job brings on headaches from the tension and stress, lavender is good at alleviating them. It’s also the favorite choice of many, so it would be a good way to introduce aromatherapy to hesitant colleagues.
- Vitality Extracts Energy Essential Oil Blend can help uplift your mood, stimulate your mind, and help increase energy. Try diffusing it in your office when you need a boost. It’s a combination of Rosemary, Juniper Berry, Juniper Needle, Silver Fir Needle, Lemongrass, Clove, Nutmeg, and Black Pepper. The Energy Blend helps clear the mind and rejuvenate mind and body.
- Vitality Extracts Calm Essential Oil Blend has lots of benefits and has such an invigorating fragrance. It’s uplifting and helps with productivity, reduces anxiety and stress. Since there are citrus oils in the blend it also works to boot the immune system- which is perfect for the workplace since germs tend to thrive in this type of environment.
- Lemon Essential Oil is another refreshing, uplifting, and energizing fragrance. Like rosemary, it promotes memory retention and focus, and helps reduce anxiety. In addition, its anti-bacterial properties help keep the staff healthy, as it boosts the immune system, helping prevent contagious illnesses.
- Vitality Extracts Stress Away Essential Oil Blend is great when there’s a need for a calming effect. It helps decrease the anxiety that can accompany some of the normal stresses of a heavy workload. While it’s relaxing, it increases mental agility and memory at the same time. This calming combination of Bergamot, Sweet Orange, Ylang ylang, Pink grapefruit, and Patchouli can reduce nervous tension, yet uplift and regenerate.
USING AROMATHERAPY IN THE OFFICE:
- Put three or four drops of the essential oil of your choice in a diffuser and enjoy.
- Try diffuser jewelry—bracelets, necklaces, and earrings made of various stones, but all with lava stones for diffusing. Just put a couple of drops on your jewelry.
- You can also mix a drop of essential oil with a few drops of carrier oil and apply on your skin.
Who knows—maybe you’ll find you’re more productive, efficient, and handling more responsibility now that you’re diffusing at work. Let me know—this could lead to a blog on “How to Get a Pay Increase using Aromatherapy! ?