The lemongrass plant has sharp-edged leaves that are bright green in color and once they’re dried, Lemongrass Essential Oil is extracted from them. Lemongrass can be used in a number of ways—to repel insects such as mosquitoes and ants, for skin care, and to aid digestion.
It has some unique uses, too, for instance promoting lactation. It smells great in DIY soap products and blends well with other essential oils for diffusing or making homemade products. Mix it with peppermint, ylang ylang, or geranium.
Some of the interesting ways to use lemongrass:
- for breastfeeding moms, lemongrass is helpful in more than one way. It helps increase the amount of milk produced and improves the quality of the milk. Dilute with carrier oil and apply to breasts, but not the nipples.
- Try Lemongrass Essential Oil for muscle and joint pain, headaches and menstrual cramps. It has anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and relaxing properties for soothing pain relief, while reducing inflammation and calming muscles.
- Combine a few drops of lemongrass with carrier oil and rub into affected areas. To help with circulation, mix lemongrass with castor oil. Tired feet? Soak your feet for 10 to 15 minutes in a tub of warm water with four to six drops of lemongrass.
Bloating, gas, and upset stomachs:
- Lemongrass relieves and helps eliminate gas and bloating. It helps with indigestion, cramping, and upset stomachs. Mix three drops with carrier oil and rub on your abdomen. Lemongrass has also been known to help with gastritis and gastric ulcers.
- The antiseptic and astringent properties of lemongrass make it a great skin care product for all skin types. Use it to tone (without drying out your skin), treat acne, moisturize, cleanse and firm sagging skin.
- For a heavy-duty moisturizer, mix a couple of drops with of lemongrass with carrier oil—argan is a good one for your face, with its anti-aging properties.
- Apply before bed. As a toner, in an 8-ounce bottle mix a cup of purified or distilled water with a couple of teaspoons of witch hazel and five or six drops of lemongrass essential oil. Shake and spray on your face.
Energy and mental focus:
- For an energy boost, diffuse three drops each of lemongrass, bergamot, and wintergreen or mix with carrier oil and apply to your wrists or temples. It also helps increase mental clarity, elevate mood and a feeling of well-being, and decrease anxiety.
The healing properties of lemongrass promote heart health, boost immunity, reduce fever, and relieve congestion.
Vitality Extracts lemongrass essential oil is 100% pure therapeutic grade full of vitamins and minerals that will benefit your body, mind, and spirit.