If you were allowed only one single essential oil, lavender would be a top choice. Not only can you use it in a number of ways, it smells wonderful. It’s one of the most popular essential oils in the world. Lavender has lots of health benefits and is also a nice scent to use in DIY household products.
- Improve and promote sleep and relaxation: One way to use lavender for sleep is to mix with carrier oil and rub on the bottoms of your feet or add a few drops in a spray bottle with water to spritz on your pillow case. To learn how to properly dilute your essential oils click here.
- Homemade soaps: Lavender’s floral scent is perfect for DIY soaps. It’s easy to make homemade scrubs, too- mix coconut oil, sugar, and lavender essential oil for a relaxing body scrub. Or to make it even more simple add a few drops of oil to your lotions, shampoos, and skin care products.
- Hair: Lavender has antiseptic and anti-fungal properties, which are great for dandruff, dryness, and itchiness, but this oil is also very beneficial for oily and normal hair. It helps prevent hair loss and promotes hair growth. Lavender keeps your hair shiny and moisturizes the scalp. Dilute with carrier oil and massage into your hair and scalp. Leave in for 10 minutes before rinsing or wrap a towel around your head and leave it in overnight.
- Reduce anxiety and emotional stress: Add lavender to carrier oil and use it for a massage- to learn how to properly dilute your essential oils click here. If you would like to relax and take a hot bath- mix 1 cup of Epsom salt and 4 drops of lavender in your bathwater.
- Relieve headaches: Since stress and tension can result in headaches, lavender can help ease and alleviate headaches with its soothing qualities. Use our Lavender Roll-on and apply directly to your temples and massage. To try inhalation—put a few drops in boiling water to inhale the vapors (you can also use one of our diffusers with a few drops of lavender).
- Restore skin complexion and reduce acne: Lavender is anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, and antimicrobial, which helps unclog pores and detoxify your skin. High in antioxidants, lavender nourishes your skin and helps slow aging, too, keeping your skin looking healthy. Dilute with carrier oil and apply to your skin. For acne, mix 1 teaspoon of witch hazel with 2 drops of lavender. Apply with a cotton ball.
- Heal burns and wounds: Lavender’s antibacterial and antimicrobial properties help wounds, scrapes, cuts and burns heal. Mix a few drops of lavender with a few drops of coconut oil and apply with a cotton ball.
Use a home or car diffuser to enjoy the floral aroma of lavender essential oil around your house, in your car, as well as your office. Sprinkle a few drops on diffuser jewelry or mix in a spray bottle with purified water for a room freshener. You’ll get so many more benefits than just a sweet scent.